4 ingredients plus time, the result is amazingly tasty.
Add few vegetables, and it will be a great vegetable soup. Or boil some noodles in it, it is prefect for the cold winter days.
one whole free range chicken (remove head, feet and butt)
ginger 1/3 cup sliced
dried shiitake mushroom 1 cup (soaked in water overnight)
salt 2 tea spoon
1. Clean the chicken, remove head, feet and butt. Also remove the extra fat
2. pour water into multi-cooker half full.
3. Add whole chicken, ginger and shiitake mushroom as well as salt. Then add more water to almost cover the chicken.
4. Set the multi-cooker on slow cook function for 3 hours.
I did not know how to say 童子鸡 in English, so I searched it online.
Here are what I got:
"chicken without sexual life"
"young chicken without sex"
I like to use this chicken, because it is small, and I can add lots of vegetables. Does it really taste better?
one whole spring chicken
2 large carrots
3 large potatoes
2 cups of fresh shiitake mushrooms
ginger few slices
soy sauce 3 tablespoon
dark soy sauce 2 tablespoon
corn starch 3 table spoon to coat chicken
corn starch 1 tablespoon to thicken the soup
1. Cut chicken into same size pieces, add salt and pepper, mix. Then add corn starch to coat the chicken.
Saute the chicken until golden brown. If your slow cooker has this
function, that is wonderful, if not use a regular pan to saute it. Then
add into the cooker.
3. Add hot water, ginger, soy sauce, salt, fresh shiitake mushroom potatoes and last, the carrots.
Turn the cooker at Stew function, cook it for 1 hour. Do not use
slow cook function, otherwise the carrots will be over cooked.
After chicken and vegetables are fully cooked. Add dark soy sauce to
give it a darker brown color. Also add starch water (1 table spoon corn
starch mixed with 1/4 cup of cold water) to thicken the soup.
6. Garnish with green onions.
Thanks for watching!
This year is not so cold, we are still enjoy the double digit temperatures in November. This flavorful beef noodle soup will add even more warmth to the best weather.
How can we miss the soy sauce to cook the prefect Chinese dish. As a matter of fact, two kinds are added to cook the beef: the regular soy sauce and the darker soy sauce to give the beef a nice brown color.
For 6 servings
beef shank about 2-3lb
green onions 2
ginger slice 5
bok-choy a small bunch
thick noodles 1lb
cinnamon stick 1
star anise 2
fennel seeds 1 tsp
dried chilli pepper 2
Sichuan pepper corn 1 tbsp
Sichuan chilli bean paste 1.5 tbsp
soy sauce 2 tbsp
dark soy sauce 2 tbsp
salt 1.5 tsp or more
Using slow cooking makes this recipe very easy. Here are the few steps for you to cook the perfect beef soup.
1. Add about half pot full cold water into the slow cooker.
2. Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker, except the noodles and bok-choy. We will save the bok-choy for the noodle at the end.
3. Set the slow cooker at slow cook setting for 5 hours. I guess different slow cookers have different temperatures, you may try 3 hours first, then decide if you need additional time make the beef tender. The goal for the soup is that the beef is very tender and soup is full of the beef flavor.
4. After the beef is ready. Use a different pot to boil the noodles. Add water first to bring it boil then add noodles. Let it boil for 3 minutes then add boy-choy. It only takes one minute to cook the boy-choy.
5. Take out the noodles and bok-choy together and add slow cooked beef and soup. Green onions for the garnish.
Done! The only thing left for you is to enjoy!